If you’re struggling to communicate, feel lonely and disconnected within a marriage or long-term relationship, you’re not alone. These struggles are more common than you think.
Sometimes, as a couple, you can just get stuck. If you find yourself having the same argument over and over, couples therapy may help you break the pattern.
Break the cycle of frustration, and learn to get along better, to work together more effectively as parents, and to build greater trust and intimacy.
Improve your relationship with couples therapy
You can each learn to understand your partner’s vulnerabilities and emotional needs so that you can be more supportive of each other. In couples counseling, you will work to:
- Create a more fulfilling and nurturing relationship
- Discover shared goals
- Break negative patterns by making small but significant changes
- Increase intimacy and respect
- Increase satisfaction in and from the relationship
- Support honest and open communication
These skills can help you long-term in relationships and life challenges.
Disagreements should not make you feel less loved
Learn to argue and disagree in a respectful, constructive way, instead of tearing the other down. Create space for your partner’s needs and learn how to express your own.
In therapy, you and your partner can learn practical ways to give and receive love and appreciation. You and your partner can move towards feeling loved, appreciated, and taken care of.
You can gain practical skills that you can apply at home right away to start improving your relationship:
- Mindfulness and reflection (help you stand back and notice your triggers)
- Revealing yourself with each other and increasing intimacy
- Learning to understand each other’s emotional needs
- Learning positive, healthy ways to deal with conflict
Take the first step towards a better relationship
If you are struggling with your relationship, reach out to Lauren Jordan, LCSW, CST for compassionate, effective therapy in Dallas, Texas. Call now to make an appointment, or just fill out the contact information and click Send.Please like and share this post!